Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Unused, locked away debit card for 2 years hacked, used to purchase online

Posted by gbart17 gbart17
Message 1 of 2 346 Views

My partner and I have had a home loan account / offset transaction account for nearly 2 years now. bankwest sent us both debit cards which we promptly put in a safe since day 0 when we received them. we have no reason to use them as we have an account with another bank which we use for every day use / online. a week ago a transaction showed up in our offset transaction account which showed on online purchase (in usd) at zulily which we both do not have an account with. that would mean my partner's card was compromised but i am now wondering how anyone would've obtained that number and used to purchase online when we have the card stored in a safe and never used for 2 years!

in the interest of strengthening our account security, would anyone be able to advise how a hacker may have gotten the card number and details to make an online purchase? maybe it's something no one here wants to hear but could bankwest possibly be compromised on the inside??

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: Unused, locked away debit card for 2 years hacked, used to purchase online

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 2 321 Views

Hi @gbart17, I'd really like to look into this further for you, so that we can try get to the bottom of this. Can you please send me an email to forum@bankwest.com.au with your full name, forum username and contact number so that I can escalate this and arrange a call to discuss? Thanks.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.