Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Stop Payment Direct Debits - Credit Card

Posted by asmall asmall
Message 1 of 8 1,818 Views

Hello

Can I use the Stop Payment of Direct Debits Form for a direct debit on my credit card? It is listed under Everyday accounts / Savings and Term Deposits only.

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: Stop Payment Direct Debits - Credit Card

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 2 of 8 1,818 Views

Hi @asmall, if you would like Bankwest to ensure no further direct debits are processed, we would need to cancel the Mastercard that is being charged. Have you contacted the merchant directly to cancel the debit arrangement you have set up with them? ^Sarah

0 Kudos

Posted by bazza bazza
Message 3 of 8 1,770 Views
I have several direct debits but I only want to stop one direct debit from coming out of my debit card
0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 4 of 8 1,765 Views

AS @SarahF mentioned @bazza, to stop a direct debit coming from a card we would need to cancel the card and issue a new one.

It's best to first contact the company charging you to ask in writing that they stop the debit and that you no longer authorise the payments to come from that card.

0 Kudos

Posted by sharnia30 sharnia30
Message 5 of 8 1,223 Views

How.?

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 6 of 8 1,218 Views

Hi @sharnia30, can I confirm if you are needing to stop a direct debit coming from your credit card? The instructions on how to do this are listed above in response to the previous members questions Smiley Happy If your enquiry is in regards to something else, please let me know so that I can assist Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

Posted by sharnia30 sharnia30
Message 7 of 8 1,217 Views

The problem is... I never use any of this service...but payments going out of my account. It was happen before to my westpac account but after taking out payment they use my money as well... but don't know who did it.. So I just want to stop it. 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 8 of 8 1,216 Views

For security reasons we can't access or discuss your personal account information over the forum @sharnia30, so we'll need to speak with you over the phone. If you can call us on 13 17 19, we can look into this ASAP for you to see what's happened here.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.