Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Other travel insurance

Posted by lindyob1 lindyob1
Message 1 of 5 658 Views

If I have other travel insurance, does that cancel out my card insurance? ie does banwest mastercard platinum more bow out because i have also taken out travel insurance? It would be with Allianz called Simply travel Insurance

0 Kudos

Re: Other travel insurance

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 2 of 5 656 Views

Hi @lindyob1, the Platinum Credit Card travel insurance is provided by Allianz. It would be best to contact them directly on 1800 785 918 to discuss this and look into your options.  

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 3 of 5 654 Views

Also, don't forget to read the complimentary credit card insurance PDS associated with your specific credit card product.

Believe it or not, the information in there is usually pretty easy to read, and easily explains what happens in certain circumstances. It's also handy to have saved on your mobile device or computer when travelling, so you can quickly refer to it in case of an issue, or for contact details if you need assistance.

To find the insurance PDS, do the following:

1. Wisit the Credit Cards page (http://www.bankwest.com.au/personal/credit-cards/credit-cards-overview), then click on learn more link for your specific card.
  2. At the bottom of the Overview page that's now displayed, scroll down to the bottom, and click on the link read the small print.
  3. From there, you should find the complimentary credit card insurance PDS associated with your specific credit card product.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Posted by cgm cgm
Message 4 of 5 633 Views

Did you find out the answer to your question yet @lindyob1?  I'm curious to know what you found out! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Posted by cgm cgm
Message 5 of 5 632 Views

Feel free to write about your experience here too @lindyob1Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.