Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Online Shopping Fraud

Posted by stussy stussy
Message 1 of 2 406 Views

I love shopping online, because it's easy and convenient. I have shopped online quite a lot of times cause I thought it was safe. Then my card details were stolen aswell as my personal details but I had no idea that it happened, quite a lot of money was spend and I was shookt when I saw how much money was left in my bank account. It's sad cause I thought I was in safe hands but I was wrong. I have lodged a transaction dispute form but I haven't recieved any notifications yet.

0 Kudos

Re: Online Shopping Fraud

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 2 401 Views

Hi @stussy, I'm very sorry to hear that this has happened to you. Many fraudulent transactions happen through reputable merchants. These merchants are targeted by fraudsters who gain access to their online servers or manage to place skimming devices on ATMs or EFTPOS terminals. Please rest assured that Bankwest do all we can to identify the affected merchants and customers prior to any transactions taking place, however on occassion some will still manage to process. Our Chargebacks Team will be investigating your claim if you have already sent through a dispute form, however as these do require them to liaise with other financial institutions and merchants, they need to allow reasonable time for the other party to respond. You are welcome to call our Contact Centre at any time during the process to check the status of your case, which I hope is resolved quickly for you. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.