Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

New MasterCard secure code

Posted by adame adame
Message 1 of 4 632 Views

Hi, I have just been approved for a new card, and my question is regarding the secure code required to login to the Bankwest app.

Is this sent via post? Is there an alternative method to receive it, as I am currently on holiday in Europe and was really hoping to use the card for purchases while overseas.

Second question, is there an international phone number I can use to contact Bankwest and make my enquiry?

Thank you, Adam

0 Kudos

Re: New MasterCard secure code

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 4 607 Views

Hey @adame!
To log into your Online Banking you'll need to use your PAN and Secure Code - these are issued when you first open an account, and are sent via email/post/text message.
If you haven't received this and/or need to reset your Secure Code, then you'll need your card details handy. If you're unable to do this then we'll need to verbally identify you - so we'd ask that you call our Contact Centre on +61 8 9449 2840 from overseas using mobile or Skype - please note that standard international call/Skype rates will apply.  They're available 24/7 to help you with this.
Let me know how you go Smiley Happy

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

Posted by adame adame
Message 3 of 4 603 Views

Thanks! Do the codes sent via SMS expire? I'll try switching to my Australian SIM briefly to receive the code and give Bankwest a call for any further issues.

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 4 of 4 591 Views

You'll have a few minutes @adame, and if you're switching roaming on it may take a little longer than usual for the text to arrive - but it will! Smiley Happy

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.