Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

My New Debit Card is Blocking Payments?

Posted by lemonlimechilli lemonlimechilli
Message 1 of 5 478 Views

I recently opened a new bank account and activated the accompanying debit card.

I wish to use this new card to make payments on services such as recharging my phone credit.

I am with Vodaphone, who charge $1 to register a new card with their service, which is later reimbursed. I was unable to register the card as an "error" was occuring, so I went to see Vodaphone. Both the staff in store and the people on the phone told me BankWest was preventing the $1 from coming out of my account.

I saw my local branch about the issue who told me to call the help line, but I was wondering if there was anything I could do on my end without having to do so (or get an explaintion as to why this is occuring).

Thanks, Tiffany Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos

Re: My New Debit Card is Blocking Payments?

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 5 474 Views

Hey @lemonlimechilli, thanks for getting in touch. Really sorry to hear of the issues you're having with the card, transactions like this shouldn't be declining. It's hard to say what is going on without taking a closer look. It might be worth double checking the card is activated by logging in to your online banking and selecting 'self service'>'manage my cards' from your left hand side menu. If it is showing as activated you can chat with a consultant online by selecting the 'message us now' button at any time. They'll be able to check a few things from their end and hopefully pin point the problem. Let me know how you go!

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Message 3 of 5 469 Views

Awesome, thanks!

I'll give it a try Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos

Message 4 of 5 444 Views

I spoke to someone online and ultimately it's Vodaphone's problem apparently.

I don't know what I'll do if they can't fix it Smiley Sad

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 5 of 5 443 Views

I can appreciate that this situation would be frustrating @lemonlimechilli, it may be best to go back and confirm with the vendor that they have all of the correct details if we've been able to see any issues on our side. I do hope this is resolved for you swiftly.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.