Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Misleading statement in FAQs about Interest Free Days

Posted by oreillycameron oreillycameron
Message 1 of 2 473 Views

The FAQ page for Credit Card Interest is currently this:

How do I take advantage of the interest free days on purchases?

To take advantage of the interest free period on purchases, you will need to pay your total statement balance in full (including any cash or balance transfer balances) by the Payment Due Date.  Any outstanding balance at the Payment Due Date will be charged interest from the date that the purchase was made.

I have bolded the line above that I belive to be severly misleading.

By using the words 'any outstanding balance' you infer that if a portion of the balance is paid, then that protion is no longer outstanding.  Therefore 'Any outstanding balance at the Payment Due Date will be charge interest...' means any balance not outstanding (paid before the due date) should NOT be charged interest.   Which is not the case.

It would be better worded to say 'IF there is ANY outstanding balance at the Payment Due Date, you will be charged interest on the entire opening balance from the purchase date.

There is also zero material (or at least easily found) that explains interest fees and charges in lamens terms for an every day user.  

0 Kudos

Re: Misleading statement in FAQs about Interest Free Days

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 2 456 Views

Hi @oreillycameron, thanks for sending through your feedback on this. I have passed this onto our online team to look into.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.