Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Lounge key and world MasterCard

Posted by Griswolds Griswolds
Message 1 of 4 522 Views

One of the seemingly very attractive benefits of world MasterCard is the unlimited airport lounge visits ( through Loungekey) for cardholder and their guests. You say to check with the airport lounge as to how many guests this includes and they say check with your bank...please see copy of email from AlMaha airport lounge below.

Al Maha is a third party and are not liable for any charges incurred from the card holder, therefore we kindly request you to check with the bank or card issuer if there will be any applicable charges for your visits together with your guests.

Please note that we do not have a limit of the number of guests that you may wish to invite, but unfortunately this depends on your agreement with the bank and will therefore charge you depending on that. Please clarify to know how many times you are allowed to access the lounge in a year, number of free accompanying guests allowed if free or chargeable e.t.c.

0 Kudos

Re: Lounge key and world MasterCard

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 4 518 Views

Hi @Griswolds, while Bankwest do partner with LoungeKey to offer this complimentary service, the entry conditions, amount of guests and if a fee may apply are at the discretion of lounge management and isn't something Bankwest have control over or can verify I'm sorry (see point 17 of the LoungeKey Conditions of Use).

0 Kudos

Posted by Griswolds Griswolds
Message 3 of 4 460 Views

And yet they reply with

“Each bank card has its own terms/ conditions in which charges may vary”.

They tell me to refer to you but you can’t tell me???

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 4 of 4 458 Views

Hi @Griswolds, I believe I have just replied to another message from you.

The agreement that we have in place with LoungeKey is for complimentary access for you and your guests - though the number of guests is not up to Bankwest, as we do not provide the service - the individual lounges do which is why we need to advise that you may be charged.

The Terms and Conditions are outlined
here, where it is stated that you will need to "check individual lounge conditions before travelling as restrictions on additional guests may apply". Bankwest has no control over any restrictions that the participating Lounges may put in place - I appreciate that this has gone back and forth and I am sorry that I don't have a different answer for you.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.