Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Is there a way i can do online shopping without a card that will not let me overdraw

Posted by Stella9099 Stella9099
Message 1 of 8 101 Views

I was just wondering if theres a way i can make online transactions without being able to overdraw on my account

0 Kudos

Re: Is there a way i can do online shopping without a card that will not let me overdraw

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 8 98 Views

Hi @Stella9909, can I ask if you are referring to a particular type of card or account?

0 Kudos

Re: Is there a way i can do online shopping without a card that will not let me overdraw

Message 3 of 8 73 Views

I have a student account at the moment

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 4 of 8 68 Views

Thanks @Stella9099, can I ask how you are currently using the account online which is causing it to become overdrawn? If you're using a card it shouldn't be overdrawing your account.

0 Kudos

Message 5 of 8 67 Views

sorry @LyndsC i may have said that incorrectly... im looking to switch my account to one that i can use it like a master ... but without overdrawing.... my friend has one called a visa mastercard... but shes with anz... i was wondering if bankwest offered something similar.

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 6 of 8 64 Views

We do offer Mastercard debit cards, which can be used online @Stella9099. Providing the company you are purchasing from processes their transactions straight away, it shouldn't overdraw your account. It may be best to check your balance before making a purchase and again after to ensure the funds have debited your account before using your card for other purchases.

0 Kudos

Message 7 of 8 63 Views

Thank you @LyndsC ill be checking that out

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 8 of 8 62 Views

You're welcome @Stella9099, have a great day!

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.