Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Senior Contributor

Introductory Bonus Qantas Points

[ Edited ]
Posted by cgm cgm
Message 1 of 5 1,501 Views

Why are these types of offers only offered to new customers?  Yes, the answer is obvious!

However, existing customers are important too, and we also like bonus points!

This relates to my Customer loyalty post too.

Senior Contributor

Re: Introductory Bonus Qantas Points

[ Edited ]
Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 2 of 5 1,496 Views

I'm with you on that.

These bonus offers on the credit card products should be made available to 'upgraders' in some form or way.

Case in point, I upgraded from the base level Qantas MasterCard to the Platinum. When I signed up on the base level, it was only something like a 2,500pts signing offer. At the time I went to platinum, there was a 50,000pts signing offer - but that was only for new customers and not existing.

Existing customer loyalty, especially those who stay with the bank, and upgrade to higher tier credit card products, isn't rewarded and encouraged as much as it could be.

Sure, the ability to earn an extra 1/4 to 1/2 a point per $ spent might be argued as "well, isn't that enough?" - but there's a bigger carrot needed to make me take a higher annual fee card.

Senior Contributor

Posted by cgm cgm
Message 3 of 5 1,494 Views

Great targeted solution @thewinchester!  Seems almost doable. Smiley LOL

0 Kudos

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 4 of 5 1,490 Views

Great questions @cgm and @thewinchester - as you can guess, an introductory offer is specifically for customers who are getting a credit card for example, for the first time. However, based on internal criteria we do send out emails and letters letting our customers know of upcoming promotions and accounts that may suit them. As you can imagine, keeping our loyal customers happy is something that is always on the forefront of our mind hence why we're loving the forum as it means we can engage with you on a more personal basis to find out what matters most to you and see what we can do.

@LyndsC, @PeteW and myself are loving all the feedback and sometimes tricky questions you're throwing our way on the Forum as we're sharing the posts across the bank to get our teams engaged on what we can change/impove and keep doing Smiley Happy

Forum Manager

Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 5 of 5 1,464 Views
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.