Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Have I been charged interest incorrectly?

Posted by ozbargaingal ozbargaingal
Message 2 of 3 342 Views

Hi Team,

I made a concerted effort to pay off the balance of our card a few weeks ago and bring it down to 0. We were charged nearly $50 interest on the 8/5/2017. Only two weeks prior, on the 28/4/17 we were in credit of about $200.  In between those dates I lost my credit card and had to be sent a new one. I don't think this charge should have been made. Can someone look into it for me?

0 Kudos

Charged interest on my credit card, is it because it's a new card?

Posted by ozbargaingal ozbargaingal
Message 1 of 3 339 Views

Hi Team,

I made a concerted effort to pay off the balance of our card a few weeks ago and bring it down to 0. We were charged nearly $50 interest on the 8/5/2017. Only two weeks prior, on the 28/4/17 we were in credit of about $200.  In between those dates I lost my credit card and had to be sent a new one. I don't think this charge should have been made. Can someone look into it for me?

0 Kudos

Re: Have I been charged interest incorrectly?

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 3 of 3 328 Views

Hi @ozbargaingal, thanks for your enquiry. For security reasons via the Forum I wouldn't be able to view your account to see what has happened I'm sorry, however If you are able to access a PC, you can login to Online Banking and select the "Chat Now" button at the bottom of your screen and discuss this with a consultant between 7am - 6pm Monday - Friday AWST. Alternatively, you can call our Help Centre between 8am - 8pm your local time, 7 days a week for further assistance. Generally speaking, interest is calculated daily up until payment is received, which would be reflected on your statement once issued. This is classed as residual interest, and could explain why there was an amount of interest charged. As mentioned, our Contact Centre will be able to clarify with you. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.