Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Halo ring accounts

Posted by IanPGee IanPGee
Message 1 of 8 1,990 Views

The Halo ring does not work like a credit card. It is charged to a debit card.

All the marketing that it behaves and acts like a credit card and the use of "Mastercard Payment Platform" in the marketing blurb would indicate a link to a credit card. However, BW does not support this. Why would BW release a product, which apparently is in place of Apple Pay, charges customers to use the ring and not be linked to a credit card? This is completely ludicrous!

You might want to consider the wording of the advertising as someone will take action on this. Just another disappointment with BW and its products.

0 Kudos

Re: Halo ring accounts

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 8 1,988 Views

Hi @IanPGee, I'm really sorry you feel this way, and for any confusion caused here.

Can you please let me know where you have seen that the Halo Payment ring can be linked to a credit card? As our campaign and advertising does state that this can only be linked to a transactional account at present.

This link outlines the requirements - please let us know if you have any further questions.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Posted by IanPGee IanPGee
Message 3 of 8 1,986 Views

Hi @DanaeC

As mentioned, it makes reference to credit card. The front screen of the advertisement, in the Benefits section it says "Secure Payments with Mastercard". I would cut and paste the screen shot but not so easy to do here.

More importantly, what is the problem with linking to a credit card and is there a review to do so?

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 4 of 8 1,930 Views

At present the Halo ring can only be linked to a MasterCard Debit Card @IanPGee - which is why MasterCard is referenced. I do apologise for any confusion and will pass on your feedback with regards to the wording, and your interest in having this linked to a Credit Card.

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
KLP

Posted by KLP KLP
Message 5 of 8 1,300 Views

0 Kudos
KLP

Posted by KLP KLP
Message 6 of 8 1,299 Views

I have a MasterCard debit account but can’t seem to order a halo ring online. Get a message saying I need to have an eligible account. I also went into a branch today and was told I have to order it online. Website says I can do either. 

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 7 of 8 1,293 Views

Hey @KLP, that definitely sounds strange! Can I ask what type of account you're trying to link to the Payment Device?

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 8 of 8 1,286 Views

Hi @KLP, just following up to see if you still needed any assistance with this? Let me know!

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.