Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Halo Ring CVV

Posted by Jaunday Jaunday
Message 1 of 6 227 Views

Hi there,

I was just wondering if there was a way to find out the CVV for my Bankwest Halo ring. Since we can now use contactless payment for public transport in NSW instead of using an Opal card, I’ve been using my ring as it is much more convenient. But to check my transport activity, I’ve got to use my card details. I can find the card number and expiry but not the cvv. Is there a way to find it? Thanks! 

0 Kudos

Re: Halo Ring CVV

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 6 168 Views

Hi @Jaunday your Halos CVV is printed on the letter you would've receive with the Halo. We're unable to reissue this I'm very sorry. 

0 Kudos

Posted by ewman1 ewman1
Message 3 of 6 158 Views

Hi @MegB, are you sure about that? I received my Halo ring and letter last week and I can't see a CVV, just the debit card number and expiry?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Posted by vierleener vierleener
Message 4 of 6 63 Views

Can it be a technical issue of the card? I'd read about this in one article a long time ago.

0 Kudos

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 5 of 6 58 Views

Thanks for your patience @ewman1 

I've heard back from the team who have advised that while we previously provided the Halo's CVV on the welcome letter, this was removed a couple of months ago as the Halo isn't intended for online purchases. 

This is no longer information we can provide I'm very sorry.

0 Kudos

Posted by ewman1 ewman1
Message 6 of 6 29 Views

Thanks for getting back to me @MegB 

That's a real shame as it means we can't link our rings to our Opal accounts which seems like the perfect use for it Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.