Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Frequent flyer bonus points

Posted by belle09 belle09
Message 1 of 3 845 Views

Hello

I've been a loyal Bankwest customer for 14 years and would like to know why the offer of 50,000 bonus frequent flyer points is only available to new customers? Considering the amount of processing is reduced due to Bankwest already having my details I thought it would be reasonable to receive some sort of benefit. Where is the appreciation for remaining / upgrading products with Bankwest? What is stopping me from signing up with a new bank that offers the same terms but a sign up bonus. It doesn't make sense to me and doesn't make me feel valued. I would like Bankwest to consider this feedback and how your products can offer equal or reasonable benefits to both current and new customers.

Thank you

0 Kudos

Re: Frequent flyer bonus points

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 2 of 3 839 Views

Hi @belle09, thanks for contacting us in regards to this. Our current Qantas 50,000 bonus points offer is open to new customers and Bankwest customers who do not already have a Bankwest Qantas MasterCard. As you can imagine, at different times throughout the year we offer different deals, discounts and offers to new customers and current customers. The offer you mentioned is targeted at new Bankwest Qantas MasterCard customers (weather you're new to Bankwest or already have accounts/home loans etc but don't yet have this card)

If you do not currently have a Bankwest Qantas MasterCard you can apply online or call our team on 13 17 19. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Re: Frequent flyer bonus points

[ Edited ]
Posted by belle09 belle09
Message 3 of 3 837 Views

Apologies I have read the terms again "The 50,000 bonus Qantas Points promotion is only available for new Bankwest Qantas MasterCard customers who apply for a Bankwest Qantas Platinum MasterCard credit card between 01 August and 30 September 2016, are approved and spend at least $2,500 on eligible purchases within 3 months from account opening." I just saw the new customers and not the new to the actual card. I appreciate you getting back to me to clarify. Cheers!

Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.