Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Highlighted

Foreign Currency Transfer

Posted by Elaghory Elaghory
Message 1 of 2 871 Views

Hi There,

Got a couple of questions here, first I need to explain that my mum lives overseas and she recently inhereted large amount of money and she decided to give me a gift money to help me with my mortgage about 100k in USD.

The quoestions now:

1- is this money taxable?

2- What paper work i need to provide (if needed) to get the money transffred to me with no dranma?

3- am i able to have a foreign currency account to receive the money in?

Would appreciate if you can come back to me with some answers 

Cheers,

Mohamed.

0 Kudos

Re: Foreign Currency Transfer

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 2 847 Views

Hi @Elaghory thanks for reaching out. 

1) You'd be best to get in touch with the Australian Tax Office (ATO) regarding this.

2) We won't need any paperwork from you to receive the transfer. This is something your mother will need to arrange with her bank. 

To receive an international transfer, your mother will need to provide her bank with the following information:

• Your BSB and account number
  • The Bankwest SWIFT Code - BKWAAU6P
  • Bankwest address - 300 Murray Street Perth WA 6000
  • Your full name and residential address

3) We don't offer foreign currency accounts I'm sorry. The funds will be converted into AUD as part of the transfer process.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.