Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Highlighted

Expenses for credit card application

Posted by jimjam jimjam
Message 1 of 2 894 Views

Hi

I'm looking to cancel my existing non-bankwest credit card and get one as part of my existing home loan package - I'm married and was wondering for the expenses section am I meant to put our combined expenses or just half?

On the one hand it asks for partners income so would think total expenses, but ultimately the credit card is an application in my name so I'd imagine it only looks at my income and should therefore only look at my portion of the expenses in making the assessment - don't want to get it wrong!

Likewise for asset value (house) and loan repayment/total loan amount - should this be 100% or 50%

Thanks

James

0 Kudos

Re: Expenses for credit card application

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 2 844 Views

Hi @jimjam thanks for reaching out. You'll need to include your sole income and half of the household expenses. 

The best people to speak with, should you have further enquiries regarding your application, will be our Sales Team. They can be contacted on 13 17 19 between: Monday to Friday 7am-6pm (AWST) - Saturday 8am-4pm (AWST).
If you prefer to speak with someone in person, you're welcome to pop into a branch. You can find your closest branch and their opening hours HERE
I'd recommend making an appointment just to make sure we have someone available to chat.
0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.