Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Frequent Contributor

Disputing charges: Fixing the form, improving methods

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 1 of 3 429 Views

So, i've hard a rather painful merchant double charge me for the same transaction - and i'm honestly not in the mood to deal with them again. So i've had to file a transaction dispute...

Which despite being 2016, is still a predominately paper-based process with BWA Smiley Mad

Yes, you can print, scan, and send it back using Bankmail, but it's still a fustrating process.

So, let's talk about some improvements:

1) Fix the form (Form number & control BWA-BC16 300514): Mercifully, the form that is emailed out is a PDF form, with the digital fields so you can type most of everything in on your computer.

However, the fiuelds for Phone number (Section 1), Date (Section 2, all fields of this type), and Date (Section 4) are all coloured grey, and can't be changed by the user.

This means that when you go to fill in the form using OS X Preview, any text you type in also appears in grey. Which means when you go to print it (or upload digitally as you're a smartypants with digital signature), the contents of these boxes can't be read. So if you've printed it to sign and scan it, you have to hand-write the information onto the form, which looks a little messy.

So, any quick fixes to this form to make it easier to fill in without having to re-write information would be appreciated.

2) Improve the method for disputing transactions: Or shorter - please consign the paper form for this type of action to the scrapheap of history.

In this day and age, when there's online banking, it should be easy to have a form which prompts you for the transaction information, asks you why, and electronically signs the request for you (as you're logged into BOB with your BWA credentials, so you know who the user is expected to be).

This has the bonus of injecting the task into the relevant BWA system, without having to double-enter and manually key information, making the life for those handling disputed transactions easier and more efficient.

Citibank US (https://online.citi.com/US/JRS/helpcenter/getHelpContent.do?dispFormat=main&contentId=DisputeCreditC... is the best example for this, where their online platform does exactly that - either via a web browser, or using mobile banking. Once you have the transaction list displayed, a couple of taps on the transaction is all that's needed to file a dispute.

Something nice for a future BOB release @PeteW Smiley Wink

0 Kudos

Re: Disputing charges: Fixing the form, improving methods

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 3 422 Views

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us on this @thewinchester. We're always looking for ways we can improve our customers experience, and make banking easier.

I can understand where you're coming from, and I'll certainly make sure this is passed onto our online banking team to look into for future releases.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Re: Disputing charges: Fixing the form, improving methods

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 3 of 3 420 Views

@LyndsC: Please don't forget to talk to the team responsible for the current paper form, to fix up what they can now regarding the text colour being invisible on the printed document - thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.