Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Declined credit application

Posted by Getbj5 Getbj5
Message 1 of 4 582 Views

I recently paid off my high interest cards with other organisations and closed the accounts.  As a customer of Bankwest for over 10 years thought I apply for credit card with low amount of credit just for back up when travelling overseas.  Was approved through online application and then declined.  No reason given.  Have never been unemployed, wages go to Bankwest account, in my own home.  Banks want us to be loyal but not even a courtesy letter or call to let me know what went wrong.  Is this normal???

0 Kudos

Re: Declined credit application

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 4 519 Views

I'm sorry to hear we were unable to approve your application @Getbj5 .

When assessing an application for a credit card, a number of factors are taken into consideration including (but not limited to), income, credit history, residency status and employment status. While we can't advise of the reason we decline an application for lending due to our sensitve lending guidelines. If the application is declined due to your credit score/file we will advise you of this in writing, and also provide details of how you can access your credit file. 

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Posted by kenl000 kenl000
Message 3 of 4 472 Views

I submitted my application for a Bankwest credot card. I did the identity check at the post office and emailed off my income details. How long does it take for Bankwest to approve (or decline) the application? Also if the credit card is declined, does that go on your credit history.

0 Kudos

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 4 of 4 405 Views

Hi @kenl000 our credit card application process is currentlyy taking about three weeks. 

During the application, we will make an enquiry into your credit file, this will remain regardless of whether your application is approved or declined. 

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.