Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Highlighted
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Debit Card charge incorrect

Posted by markthurston markthurston
Message 1 of 8 270 Views

Hi .......... i am overseas ( Bali ) and need to conatct the Bank to cancel an incorrect debit card charge . I have tried doing it on line but cannot. I cant call the bank from where i am as it is too expesnive and too difficult. I cant find anywhere on the website where i can submit a form or send an emial or lodge a complaint .............. I will not return to Australi till June 2019 ........... can anyone in the Forum please tell me how to resolve this issue online from overseas now ............ thanks for any advice received  

0 Kudos

Re: Debit Card charge incorrect

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 8 269 Views

Hey @markthurston, sorry to hear this has happened.

If you're unable to call* us, you can log into your Online Banking and select "Ask Us" via the Mobile App, or "Message us Now" from a PC, so that our Online Team can take a look at this, and confirm the next steps with you (including our dispute process if required).

We'd also suggest placing a temporary hold on your card, to ensure that if it has been used without your consent, nothing further can be debited. This can be done via your Online Banking, via the "Manage" tab of the account the card is linked to, once you have selected it from the list. This is a relatively new feature, so it is only available on the most recent versions of the app.

I hope this helps.

*If you have access to a landline, you can call our Contact Centre on +61 8 9486 4130 from overseas. This is a 24/7 reverse charges number when calling from a landline, though as you would need to contact the International Operator in the country you are in, I am unable to advise if there would be any charges applied by the local or international telephone company for contacting the operator. Alternatively you can call us on +61 8 9449 2840 using mobile or Skype - please note that standard international call/Skype rates will apply.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Message 3 of 8 268 Views
Hi ........

thanks for your reply ......... I have logged in ( a dozen times already this morning ) online and tried using the " send a message " function , it doesn't work  .... I just get an error message telling me : my sesssion has expired and try again "  ..... I have gone straight into the site , chosen the relevant account , clicked on the message button and it tells me my session has expired , yet at the same time I have only been there like 10 seconds and all other functions are working .............

Yes , I could reverse charge as you have suggested , but Indonesia is a very difficult place from which to make reverse charge phone calls ... a big bank like BW should have an online chat facility or a messaging or email service that works ......... in this day and age it is fundamental ..........

No . I don't need to halt my card .......... it is not at risk ......... I simply need to dispute one ( 1 ) single charge , that's all .............. everything else is ok ........... and I need to do it within a reasonable period of time from when it was charged ( yesterday ) and since I won't be back into Australia till around June , then one would reasonably think that with a big Bank like BW , that I should be able to do it easily and efficiently online via a chat service or a message service or an email service or even a standard form fill service .............. but I cant access any of that on the site .......????

Ok , skype is a possibility ............ I could try that , but Skype can be very flaky and unworkable ......... now that you have more information , can you point me in the direction of something more reliable ...............??

Please advise

Mark 
0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 4 of 8 266 Views

I'm sorry you feel that the system is unreliable @markthurston, though I have provided you with the most quick and efficient contact options we have available.

I've just checked and can confirm we're not experiencing any issues with Online Banking or the messaging system, so the best thing to do here would be to clear your cookies and cache, and ensure you're not logging into your Online Banking using a saved/bookmarked link. This should solve the problem you're having, and will ensure you're able to speak with a consultant in the quickest time.

If you use the Bankwest app, you can select "Ask Us" to speak to a consultant, rather than the "Message us Now" option on a PC - it's the same system, just a more "on the go" accessible way to do so.

Otherwise you can pop through an email to Forum@Bankwest.com.au with your full name, Forum username and best contact number, though please note that we won't be in touch until tomorrow at the earliest.

Let me know how you go.

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Message 5 of 8 263 Views

Hi , thanks .......... I have downloaded the app to my phone and have been able to make contact via the ask us function , thanks .......... I cleared my cache and cookies on my laptop and refreshed the URL link but I still cant use the online message system on my laptop ​. thanks for your help with it all ..............

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 6 of 8 256 Views

I'm really glad to hear this has been sorted for you @markthurston - it's very strange that you're unable to use the function in your Online Banking and that's definitely something we can look into for you if you'd like. Let me know.

0 Kudos

Message 7 of 8 255 Views
yes , thanks , if you can look into it..... that would be great ........ I have used it before on my laptop ( in the past ) and when I accessed it using the mobile app for the first time ( yesterday ) , my past history was there on it ............ but for some reason , I just can't access it anymore on my laptop. I've cleared the cache and accessed it using a direct link in my browser ( not  a bookmark ) and still got the same error message ( see attached screenshot ) . so , I don't know ...... it's a puzzle to me ............ let me know how you go .............thank you 

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 8 of 8 248 Views

I haven't received a screenshot sorry @markthurston, are you able to send this through to Forum@bankwest.com.au, as well as what address you're entering in the URL, and your browser details so that our Tech Team can take a closer look? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.