Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Credit card

Posted by Jovi123 Jovi123
Message 1 of 2 789 Views

Hi,

Terms of my credit card say 55 days interest free. Usually I pay the amount to be taken out straight away, however this time as I was away, I saw the statement and there is a late payment fee of 25$ plus another payment to be made. Here I was under an impression that the first payment to be made was in 55 days... 

Would you mind clarifying?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Re: Credit card

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 2 785 Views

Hi @Jovi123, thanks for getting in touch. I definitely appreciate that credit cards and interest can be a bit confusing!

Depending on which product you have, Bankwest credit cards offer up to 55 days interest free on purchases - 30 days of purchasing and then 25 days to pay your statement balance. If at least the minimum repayment amount is not received by the due date, a Late Payment Fee will be charged. Providing your statement balance is paid in full by the due date, there will be no interest charged.

If the account is not paid in full by the due date, interest will be calculated on each purchase from the date on which the transaction was debited from the account. The interest does not reset back to 55 days once a payment is made to clear the balance, but rather at the end of the statement cycle.

We can't access your accounts via the Forum, so if you would like to look into this further, you can log in to Online Banking and select "Ask Us" via the Mobile App menu or "Message us Now" from a PC. Alternatively you can give us a buzz on 13 17 19 - both services are available 24/7.

I hope this helps.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.