Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Credit Cards, Paypal and Travel Insurance

Posted by kurt14 kurt14
Message 1 of 2 633 Views

I just booked a trip using my credit card, however, to avoid a hefty credit card booking fee, i made the payment through Paypal using the same credit card. I am also hesitant to enter credit card details online, no matter how reputable the company.

Am I still eligible for the complimentary travel insurance or did I have to enter the card number and cop the huge fee?

0 Kudos

Re: Credit Cards, Paypal and Travel Insurance

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 2 619 Views

Hi @kurt14, you would need to purchase the trip using your credit card, and not via PayPal to be eligible for the complementary travel insurance.

I can understand your hesitations, however the purchase needs to be direct through your credit card to be covered, so if you're not wanting to enter details online it may be best to contact  the company and see if they can do the transaction over the phone or in a store, if they have one nearby.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.