Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Cr Card Payment due date

Posted by msunde msunde
Message 1 of 8 972 Views

Why is it that every month the due date for my credit card is different ? I set reminders and when I go to pay the due date was a day or two prior and I have a incur a late fee payment? I dont even receive statements or anything via email??? Been with Bank West many years but starting to think its time to move on??

0 Kudos

Re: Cr Card Payment due date

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 8 971 Views

Hi @msunde, as credit card statements can only be issued on a business day, the date of issue and the due date will vary. It will generally fall around the same time each month, however it's best to check your statement each month when it's issued to ensure you don't miss the due date.

While we can't email statements, you can certainly sign up for eStatements to be issued in online banking, each time a new statement is available you'll receive an email advising you to log into online banking to view it.

You can also view the due date and minimum payment amounts in online banking and our app at any time when you log in. Thanks!

0 Kudos
X48
Visitor

Re: Credit Card Payment due date alert

Posted by X48 X48
Message 3 of 8 681 Views

This feature in the BW smartphone app is very useful except I don't think its working as designed.
It might be the case that I have paid the card off before the app gets the chance to send a notification but it would be handy to know the time frame it operates to.
How long before the due date does the app notify a customer? One day before, two or is it a matter of hours?
Also is the due date midnight of the last day Perth time? 

I know I can manually check the due date but the whole idea of alerts like this is they are automatically generated.

Re: Credit Card Payment due date alert

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 4 of 8 679 Views

Hi @X48, thanks for your feedback. The "Credit Card Payment Due" Easy Alert would only send a Push Notification to your phone 3 days prior to the due date, if at least the minimum repayment amount has not yet been received. Payment would need to be made and cleared to the account prior to close off business AWST on the due date, to ensure that no late fee is charged. You will be able to view more information on payment cut-off times via this link. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Posted by regrussell regrussell
Message 5 of 8 674 Views

This answer has no logic to it that I can make sense of. Credit card statements can only be issued on a business day?  Why? Computers don't get a weekend do they?  Hiow does the date the statement is issued affect the due date? What logical reason is there that the due date cannot just be a consistent day of the month like every other monthly bill I pay, like um Telstra, Bupa, Allianz, etc ? 

The first statement issued to me ran for the period 21/2/17 to 23/3/17 with a due date of 18/4/17.  The next statement ran 24/3/17 to 20/4/17 with a due date of 15/5/17.  Meanwhile I have set up an automated payment which comes in on the 17th. Sucker. How mean spirited is that ?  Even I was tardy, and hey I thought I was on time, 2 days and you slap me with a $25 "Late Payment admin fee".  Are you kidding me, there was human intervention there?  Oh yeah, welcome to Bankwest. 

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 6 of 8 668 Views

Hi @regrussell, I can understand where you're coming from however the way that our credit card systems are set up is that statements are always issued on a business day.

When you open a credit card with us your statement will always be issued on the same billing day each month, for example if your first statement is issued on the 3rd business day in January 2017 (this would be Wednesday the 4/01/17), the subsequent statements would also be issued on the 3rd business day of the following month (Friday 03/02/17, Friday 03/02/17, 5/04/17, etc). From the information you have provided it looks like the current credit card you have, gives you 25 days from the statement issue date to make a payment, so your due date will always fall 25 days from the date your statement is issued.

We do offer a number of options to customers to avoid late fees, such as e-Statements, Easy Alerts or we can also set up an automatic payment where we can debit the minimum payment, statement balance or full balance owing on the due date each month from your nominated everyday account. We also have all of the payment details you'll need including your due date available when you log into online banking or the Bankwest app using your PAN & secure code. I hope this helps clarify my previous comments.

In regards to the late fee you have received, if you can give us a call on 13 17 19, we can look into this for you and discuss this further. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Posted by Shohan Shohan
Message 7 of 8 184 Views

Agreed I just got $311.15 late payment but didn't receive a message. 

Im not happy about this. 

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 8 of 8 182 Views

Hi @Shohan, the statement sent at the end of your 30 day spend period is notification of your due date, which falls either 14 or 25  days later (depending on your product type).

Whilst no email or SMS reminders are sent, the due date is also visible in your Online Banking, and on the Bankwest App. This information can be found by selecting the account number, and clicking on the 'More Information' hyperlink on a PC, or by clicking the 'i' in the top left corner of the transaction listing page via the Mobile App. Alternatively you can register for Easy Alerts to be advised if no payment has been received 3 days prior to your due date, which I have discussed in reply to your previous post.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.