Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Change in reward points

Posted by Paul-Rumens Paul-Rumens
Message 1 of 7 2,442 Views

I justed check now that the new rewards points have come in to effect.

My gosh, they have really gone up in price, an example: A Westfields $500 gift card was 135,000 it's now 170,000, an increase in 35,000 points, I now have to spend an extra $17,500 to get the same.

I am a bit upset as I moved to Bankwest from ANZ as I got 2 points per $ with comparible rewards, now that the rewards have increaded between 20-25%, the Bankwest card is not the deal it once was.

And ANZ offer ApplePay... and the first year is free...

Right now, when my card comes up for renewal, I will move back to ANZ.

Take this as constructive feedback, I have about 9 months left... convince me to stay!

Senior Contributor

Re: Change in reward points

[ Edited ]
Posted by cgm cgm
Message 2 of 7 2,440 Views

You're right @Paul-Rumens!  

The recent changes to the Bankwest credit cards are a really poor service offering.  It's greed, and it just shows what Bankwest priorities are and how little Bankwest respect their customers.

Frequent Contributor

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 3 of 7 2,389 Views

I'm stugging to be convinced to stick around at the moment as well, for these very same reasons @Paul-Rumens.

When it gets closer to the end of my card year, also about nine months away, i'll be sitting down very closely and re-evaluating my options.

The points/$ changes continued to weigh on me, as well as the lack of progress in having a better designed banking app. Mobile payments integration (Apple/Google/Samsung Pay) is also another thing which will swing my banking relationship.

I've been putting ANZ through its paces in the last few months, and my experience confirms everything I and others know about them - best avoided. No matter how tempting their offers are, their core banking system is out of date which means transaction information and processing is dreadfully slow. While the design of their web-based mobile banking is stunning, their mobile banking apps are an unmitigated disaster.

What solidified my decision to ignore ANZ as an option for my future cards however is their recent announcement that they're not going to invest in an overdue update to their core banking platform, which is already several decades past useful life. Their concsious decision not to invest in their core systems inhibits their ability to offer a more modern approach to customer data and transaction processing. They seem to be happy continually putting 'lipstick on a pig', and bolting on middleware systems to stave off an upgrade investment for another few years.

Forum Manager

Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 4 of 7 2,388 Views

I'd love to be able to give you more info right now but at the moment the best I can say is that we do have some exciting things coming in the payments space and more improvements to the Bankwest App. As you've seen, we let our customers know as soon as we can across our social channels and the Bankwest Forum and we're even providing release notes prior to the changes coming into effect. So while this doesn't answer your question the way you want me to, I hope you see that we've got things coming and we genuinely have our customer's needs as a priority and even communicating upcoming features to our customers is a focus.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
○ If you find a response helpful remember to give it 'Kudos'.
○ If it answered your question, make it easier for others to find by selecting 'Accept as Solution'.
0 Kudos

Posted by Paul-Rumens Paul-Rumens
Message 5 of 7 2,386 Views

I'm going to go off topic...

One of the new feature for the coming iOS 10 update, is voicemail as text. The iPhone will automatically convert the audio to text to save you listening.

How cool is that, of course there is one little thing you need. Visual Voicemail. The only Australian Carrier to offer this is Vodaphone. All the others have sat on their hands and ignored it. The iPhone turns 10 next year.

I really hope that the Banks don't do the same with ApplePay.

Frequent Contributor

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 6 of 7 2,384 Views

@Paul-Rumens: Visual Voicemail is available for Telstra contract/post-paid customers as well, they call it Messagebank Plus. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Junior Contributor

Posted by Enigmaraff Enigmaraff
Message 7 of 7 2,193 Views

I am also very upset with the changes to the qantas reward points. I am a MasterCard World customer and I chose to pay the higher annual fee for the benefit of the high qantas points. The annual fee should be lowered or Bankwest should offer us a MasterCard World Elite card for the same annual fee.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.