Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Cash advance when card in credit

Posted by Markyboy Markyboy
Message 1 of 2 1,218 Views

Hi there,

in in regards to BankWest Zero MasterCard, if I transfer a surplus of say $1000 above my credit limit and I am overseas (Singapore) and withdraw $1000 from an ATM there and don’t eat into credit limit at all:

- Will I pay a cash advance fee (2%)?

- Will I have to pay interest (21.99%) on the amount I withdraw?

i presume the answer to both of those is no as it is my money I am withdrawing however I just wanted to get that confirmed.

many thanks

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: Cash advance when card in credit

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 2 1,190 Views

Hey @Markyboy, thanks for reaching out.

A Cash Advance Fee of 2% or $4.00 - whichever is the greater - will apply if the account has a debit balance after the withdrawal. Though, in situations where the credit card account has a credit balance after a cash withdrawal, the fee will be $4.00. It's good to note that this fee is waived when withdrawing cash using Bankwest branches, Bankwest Online Banking, Bankwest ATMs and Commonwealth Bank ATMs.

It will apply when withdrawing funds internationally - as though it will show as a "Cash Advance Fee" - it's actually in place of the "Overseas ATM Fee".

As long as you don't access any amount within the card limit, you also won't be charged any interest Smiley Happy

I hope this helps!

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.