Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Ty

Breeze Platinum Mastercard Rate.

Posted by Ty Ty
Message 1 of 3 533 Views

Dear Bankwest,

I was quiet annoyed and dissapointed to see that you are offering new customers a new lower rate of 8.99% on purchases for the Breeze Mastercard which was previously 11.99% for existing customers, I understand that the bank needs to attract new customers in a highly competitive market space however it seems that you are forgetting the existing customers who are loyal customers with many accounts and continue to pay high interest rates for their loyalty.

So my question to you is - Why do new customers get access to this ongoing new low rate (which is not a promotion which reverts back to any other higher rate) and exisiting customers still have to pay 11.99% for the exact same card?

Is their someone I can speak to about obtaining this new rate which I believe should be accessable to all customers just like rate reductions on a home loan, if you decide to reduce a rate on a credit card this should be passed on to customers, this was also in the spotlight recently with media coverage on this very topic and they urged customers to go elsewhere.

I would like to talk to someone who can assist me in obtaining this rate or perhaps I will be yet another customer who decides to move on to another bank/ credit card which I dont want to do but feel this is not right.

thanks

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Re: Breeze Platinum Mastercard Rate.

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 2 of 3 527 Views

@Ty: Best thing to do is give Bankwest a call, and see if they'll negociate your rate down to what they're offering newer customers.

It's worth asking to see if they will.

0 Kudos

Re: Breeze Platinum Mastercard Rate.

[ Edited ]
Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 3 of 3 516 Views

Hi@Ty, thanks for getting in touch. I understand where you're coming from, however the Bank is continually running different offers to both our existing customers as well as new customers. 

I'd like to arrange for one of my colleagues to call you and discuss which options may be available to you. Please just email your full name and contact number to forum@bankwest.com.au. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.