Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Additional Card Holders - Confirming their identity

[ Edited ]
Posted by akitog akitog
Message 1 of 3 2,092 Views

Hi,

I am currently a Bankwest customer with a credit card and I wish to add a few people as additional card holders. The people I want to add are not currently Bankwest customers. 

I have reviewed the "Additional Card Holder Request Form" and it mentions that the additional card holders need to confirm their identity.

Based on the information I could get from the website, I understand that:

• I need to complete the additional card holder request form and submit it to bankwest
  • Each additional card holder needs to verify their identity. Based on "What ID do I need?" article, it appears that the additional card holders can verify their ID online. 

I was wondering if you could confirm my thinking and elaborate a bit further on the ID verification aspects. In particular:

• Are they elgible to do an online check as the article only references new accounts? If so when will this occur in the process?
  • Assuming everything goes well, how long will the process take before the cards arrives?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: Additional Card Holders - Confirming their identity

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 3 2,090 Views

Hey @akitog, for your additional card holders to be identified, they'll either need to pop into their closest Bankwest branch or post office. If using the post office, they'll need to take THIS FORM in with them. 

The online option doesn't apply in this instance I'm sorry as their being added to an existing account (your credit card) and not a new account. 

Once they've been identified and the request to add them to your account completed, you should receive the additional cards within 10 business days. 

0 Kudos

Re: Additional Card Holders - Confirming their identity

Posted by akitog akitog
Message 3 of 3 2,087 Views

Hi Meg. That makes sense. Thanks heaps for the prompt response! 

Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.