Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

linked account change turnaround

Posted by AlexRI AlexRI
Message 1 of 5 1,062 Views

Hello all!
Here is my issue: I opened 3 business telenet savers over the phone, all linked to the same transaction account. 2 out of these 3 accounts worked perfectly fine, but one did not. It bounced back anything I tried to put into it, it even bounced back the inital $1 that it was supposed to start with.
So I call the 137000 number and after explaining my issue, it turns out that two digits of the BSB number of the linked account had been swapped by mistake, linking my telenet saver to somebody else with my same account number but in a completely different bank.
So they sent me a form to fill in, sign and send back. I did all this on April 30th, and I'm still waiting... I called back on the 4th of May, they had me forward the signed form to another address, but I'm still waiting....
Is it normal to take this long to fix a simple swap of two digits that wasn't even my fault to begin with?

0 Kudos

Re: linked account change turnaround

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 5 1,055 Views

I'm sorry this has taken longer than expected @AlexRI, that's definitely frustrating.

Would you mind flicking me through an email to forum@bankwest.com.au with your forum username, full name and best contact number so I can look into what's happening here for you?

0 Kudos

Posted by AlexRI AlexRI
Message 3 of 5 1,051 Views

Sure no dramas
Done!

I also just re-checked my account, nothing.
linked bsb issue.JPG

As you can see, all they need to do to fix it is swap the first two digits of the BSB.

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 4 of 5 1,041 Views

Thanks for that @AlexRI I've received your email and have forwarded this through. 

I hope we can resolve this for you ASAP. 

Posted by AlexRI AlexRI
Message 5 of 5 1,035 Views

Just got a text message and a phone call from the business team Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.