Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Why do you make life so difficult?

Posted by Jeffrey Jeffrey
Message 1 of 2 508 Views

My wife and I are (or, rather, have been) loyal customers of Bankwest for years. We have numerous accounts, both in my wife’s name and in our superannuation scheme.
I want to open a new Term Deposit ($140k) in our super scheme. So I went to your website yesterday and after a long discussion (webchat) about rates etc, I was told – “we can’t do it on-line. You have to go to a Branch”. First complaint - if you can’t do it on line, why lead people on with your advertising that says you can?
So this morning I went to the local Branch, taking along all necessary identification, and knowing that you have all our super scheme details (Trust Deeds etc) on file, only to be told that Bankwest won’t accept our money because my wife was not present. Second complaint: if it was essential that both I and my wife be present, it would have been helpful if your webchat person pointed this out.
Some comments:
• If you have all our details on file, it is absurd to require both people to be physically present when depositing money. Also, I deal frequently with Westpac. They impose no such requirement.
• Getting to a Branch office is a real imposition in Sydney where traffic is gridlock and there is no parking when you get there. I will not return to your Branch, with or without my wife.
So, back to my original question – why do you make it so hard to do business with Bankwest?

0 Kudos

Re: Why do you make life so difficult?

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 2 of 2 490 Views

Hi @Jeffrey, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on trying to open a term deposit in the name of your super scheme. There are some cases when you're unable to apply online however to avoid any further delays I'd really like to arrange a call from our team to assist you with this. Can you please email us on forum@bankwest.com.au and attn. your message to Sarah with your contact number I'll arrange a call ASAP - thanks!

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.