Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Highlighted

Smart watch scam from China

Posted by PR85451970 PR85451970
Message 1 of 2 52 Views

Hello

i am aboard in UK and have been trying to contact BW without success.  Have used int number but am told there is 20 min wait times.  I used my business debit card to make purchase of smart watch for my son in November 2019 and to date have never received goods.  Purchase was done on line from a link advert on the web site news.com.au

The watch was called XWatch.  The emails I received were from Hyperstech under a name Novads.   Please b warned this is a Chinese scam site. Can BW send a message to there customers?   I could only communicate by this means as it was not practice to wait 20 min to talk to a BW agent while over seas

i hope it is ok to share this msg here

thx

0 Kudos

Re: Smart watch scam from China

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 2 47 Views

Hi @PR85451970 I'm sorry to see this has happened and can appreciate this is an incredibly frustrating situation. 

We can certainly dispute this transaction for you. Please complete the 'Transaction Dispute Form' and once completed and signed by hand, attach the form and any correspondence you've had with the merchant to a 'BankMail' through the 'Message centre' of your online banking for processing. 

In regard to reporting the scam, you can do this via Scam Watch 

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2020 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.