Ask a new question
Ed
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Receive money from overseas

Posted by Ed Ed
Message 1 of 5 1,383 Views

Hi there,

1) TT money from UK banks to Australia banks - May I know how long does it take to reach my bank account? 3 days as usual?

2) What is the limit for the amount for TT service from overseas to here?

3) Do I need to delare to anyone about the type of business which I am going to do?

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor
SOLUTION

Re: Receive money from overseas

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 2 of 5 1,370 Views
  1. Depends on the sending bank, as well as any banks that may be intermedaries for handling the transaction. There's no fixed length of time.
  2. There's nothing stated on the Bankwest website about any limits on the payments received. See http://www.bankwest.com.au/personal/payments-services/moving-your-money/international-payments
  3. That's a question that you'd really need to ask the ATO, or your accountant.

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 3 of 5 1,368 Views

Hi @Ed, @thewinchesteris right with his reply Smiley Happy

In regards to declaring the type of business you intend to do, can I ask what you're referring to? (eg: opening a business account, or declaring income from a business)?

0 Kudos
Ed

Posted by Ed Ed
Message 4 of 5 1,362 Views

I mean I am not sure if I should tell the bank re the type of business that I am about to do in Perth in order for me to withdraw the money. I was thinking since its my personal account, I guess it should be a "No" for this case.

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 5 of 5 1,351 Views

Hi @Ed, the bank has regulatory obligations that we need to follow and sometimes may ask for clarification on transactions. If you would like to discuss this in more detail, or whether this would apply to you, it's best to give us a call on 13 17 19 so we can look into this. Thanks!

Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.