Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Can i receive overseas money transfer?

Posted by schwammus schwammus
Message 1 of 2 394 Views

Hi,

I am to receive money from the US via money transfer and wanna know if it's possible to do so without the money having to pass through my accounts?

0 Kudos

Re: Can i receive overseas money transfer?

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 2 387 Views

Hi @schwammus, I'm not really sure what you're referring to here?

I can let you know that to receive an international transfer into your Bankwest account, you will need to give the sender the following details:

- Bank: Bankwest
- Your BSB and Account Number
- BIC/SWIFT Code: BKWAAU6P
- Your Name and Street Address (Cannot be a PO Box)

The funds are sent via the SWIFT or Telex systems from your overseas bank to Bankwest. Once received by Bankwest, the funds will be directly deposited into your account and will be available for use immediately.

I do need to advise that a non-refundable $10 processing fee will apply to each inward deposit made through the SWIFT or Telex systems to your Bankwest account, which will appear as ‘Inward Payment Order Fee’ on your statement.

In some cases it may be necessary for the banks involved to utilise the services of a 'correspondent' bank to assist in the transfer. As banks do not hold offices in every country, it is necessary to establish reciprocal agreements with a representative bank that may assist in getting the funds transferred successfully to their destination.

If a correspondent bank is needed for assistance in the transfer, they are entitled to charge a fee for their services.

Other bank charges and fees are unknown to us and therefore not accounted for in the fees quoted above. This could mean that you may receive a lesser amount in your account than what the sender had originally sent. Other bank fees and agent fees are unknown to us, and therefore out of our control.

To receive money from the USA, the following information should also be provided:

- Agent Bank: Bank of New York
- ABA: 021000018
- BIC/SWIFT Code: IRVTUS3N
- IBAN: IBANs are not used in Australia, but for some payments being received into Australia from IBAN mandatory countries the sender may need to provide an IBAN. To satisfy this requirement, your Bankwest BSB and account number should be combined and given to the sender. Note: no spaces, dashes or hyphens should be used.

Example: 3060661234589
(BSB)(ACCT number)

I hope this helps.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.